Frequently Asked Questions
- I don't have a credit/debit card/ I can’t order online… What do I do?
- Are your rugs in stock?
- Can I speak to a member of your team?
- What is the best way to contact you?
- How much is delivery?
- Do you ship outside the UK/internationally?
- Do you ship to the Republic of Ireland?
- Do you ship to offshore/remote UK locations?
- How will my rug be delivered?
- How long does delivery take?
- Can you tell me what time my rug(s) will be delivered?
- Can I track my order?
- Do you have a returns policy?
- Is VAT included?
- Can I specify a different delivery address to the billing address registered with my card?
- How secure is online payment?
- What is SSL and how does it protect my privacy?
- What is the quality of your rugs like?
- Do you have a showroom?
- Has child labour been used in manufacturing your rugs?
- How accurate are the colours?
- How to I care for my rug?
- How does your price promise work?
- Terms and Conditions
I don't have a credit/debit card/ I can’t order online… What do I do?
No problem… we accept cheques, postal order and bankers draft. Once you have selected the rug you would like to purchase just get in contact with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0845 165 6225 and let us know which rug you would like to purchase, we will then issue further instructions as to how to make payment.
Are your rugs in stock?
Unlike many other online rug retailers most of our rugs are available in stock and ready for next day dispatch. If you wish to order a large quantity of a particular rug please contact us to ensure we have your required number in stock.
Can I speak to a member of your team?
Of course, we’re always happy to help. You can telephone us:
Monday to Saturday: 09:00 – 20:00 and
Sunday: 01:00 – 18:00
On the following number:
08451 656 225 OR
02830 250 027
04830 250 027 (ROI)
Please feel free to leave us a voicemail message during out of hours and we will get back to you within one working day.
What is the best way to contact you?
There are several ways to contact us:
Telephone: 08451 656 225
The Rug House
23 Shepherds Way
Carnbane Industrial Estate
Monday – Saturday: 09:00 – 20:00
Sunday: 13:00 – 18:00
How much is delivery?
The Rug House offers free postage throughout the UK and Ireland including the Scottish Highlands, The Isle of Man and The Channel Islands.
** 24 Hour and other specialist delivery services will incur a charge.
Do you ship outside the UK/internationally?
Yes, we can ship to many international locations. Please contact us for more information.
Do you ship to the Republic of Ireland?
Yes. We ship to the Republic of Ireland via 'General Logistics Systems' or GLS. Shipping is free no matter what size the parcel is. GLS is a 'signed for' delivery service with items generally arriving within 1 working day.
Do you ship to offshore/remote UK locations?
Yes we ship the Highlands, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. For the following postcodes:
- All IV Postcodes
- KA27-28, KW1-3, 5-17
- PA20-40, 60-77
- PH17-26, 30-44, 49-50
We ship via Royal Mail Standard Parcels, which takes 3-5 working days. No additional charges are applied.
How will my rug be delivered?
The majority of our rugs are dispatched with Parcelforce and Royal Mail, government run award-winning couriers. They provide a high quality 48-hour service; most parcels are signed for giving you peace of mind that your rug will not end up in someone else’s hands. We can provide a tracking number upon request. A 24hour (next working day and Saturday delivery can be provided for, please contact us for more information).
Rugs for delivery to the Republic of Ireland will be delivered with Parcelforce’s International partner ‘General Logistics Systems’ or GLS, this too is a signed for service. Items are usually delivered in one working day.
Rugs being dispatched to the following postcodes will be sent via Royal Mail.
- HS1, 2-9
- IV41-49, 51,55-56
- KA27-28, KW1-3, 5-17,
- PA20-49, 60-77
- PH17-26, 30-44, 49-50
Some smaller rugs will be dispatched via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Service, which generally takes 1 working day to arrive.
* We reserve the right to use Royal Mail Standard Parcels for other remote areas that may not be listed here.
How long does delivery take?
We dispatch rugs Monday – Friday (excluding Public and Bank Holidays). Rugs dispatched with:
- Parcelforce 48 - Arrive within 2 working days from the day of dispatch
- Royal Mail First Class Recorded - Arrive within 1-2 working days
- Royal Mail Tracked Service – Arrive within 2 working days
- Royal Mail Standard Parcels - Arrive within 3-5 working days
- GLS (Republic of Ireland) - Arrive within 1-2 working days
- Royal Mail 24 (Northern Ireland) - Arrive within 1 working day
We cannot give a precise time for delivery on any certain day but deliveries are made between 09:00am and 17:00pm.
Rugs ordered before 11:00am will be dispatched the same day. Rugs ordered after 11:00am will be dispatched the next working day.
* We endeavour to ensure that all rugs are delivered in the time frame stated; however as we dispatch using a third party courier, occasionally items may be delayed without our knowledge. If there is a problem with your delivery please get in contact with us as soon as possible and we will follow it up for you.
Can you tell me what time my rug(s) will be delivered?
As we use a third party courier company we cannot provide you with an exact delivery time. Deliveries are made between the hours of 09:00am and 17:00pm. We can provide a tracking number upon request.
Can I track my order?
We can provide a tracking number; all you have to do is contact us. Please have ready:
- Your name
- Your address
- Item Ordered
- Sale Date
Do you have a returns policy?
Yes we do. If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, you can return the goods in their original packaging, undamaged, within 14 days, for a full refund of the purchase price.
- Please email us within 14 days of delivery stating that you wish to return the rug.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to meet the carriage payment on rugs returned.
- We can arrange for a pick-up and return service for you. The charge is £20.00 for this service or alternatively you can arrange the return yourself.
- We advise you obtain proof of postage and ensure goods are adequately insured during any return journey.
- If you return a rug that is damaged, we shall either replace the rug or issue a refund at your request.
- If the reason for the return is in any way our fault, we shall refund all postage costs occurred.
- Whilst every effort is made during photography processes, to accurately reproduce colours we do not accept any responsibility for the payment of returning rugs if there has been a misrepresentation of colour.
- This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Is VAT included?
VAT is included in all our prices. If you require a VAT invoice please contact us and we will dispatch one either with the rug or separately if the rug has already been dispatched,
Can I specify a different delivery address to the billing address registered with my card?
Yes, this is no problem at all; this will be an option available to you when you enter our secure online checkout. If you would like to change the delivery address after you have completed the checkout please contact us and we will do our best to arrange it.
How secure is online payment?
At The Rug House we are very security conscious and so we use strong SSL encryption on any pages where you enter your personal details. You may pay online or by phone using either your PayPal account, or any of the credit and debit cards shown below. Online credit card and debit card payments are handled by Sagepay and our merchant acquiring bank Ulster Bank. Together they provide a secure internet payment system for both credit and debit card payment. All payment information is securely encrypted using state of the art SSL encryption (see below for details).
What is SSL and how does it protect my privacy?
The SSL protocol in use on this site is the Web standard for encrypting communications between users and SSL (secure sockets layer) e-commerce sites. Data sent via an SSL connection is protected by encryption, a mechanism that prevents eavesdropping and tampering with any transmitted data. SSL provides businesses and consumers with the confidence that private data sent to a Web site, such as credit card numbers, are kept confidential.
What is the quality of your rugs like?
The Rug House deals only with reputable manufacturers and importers and so whether you are purchasing one of our budget range rugs or our superior quality rugs you can be assured that they have been made to a high quality standard. As with all goods available for purchase, quality varies with price and so it follows that more expensive rugs will generally be manufactured to a higher quality due to the use of better materials and more dense piles. Please contact us if you would like any further details regarding the quality of a particular rug or rug(s).
Do you have a showroom?
The majority of our rugs are held at our warehouse ready for dispatch. If you would like to view a rug at our warehouse please contact us to make an appointment. Our warehouse address is:
The Rug House
23 Shepherds Way
Carnbane Industrial Estate
Has child labour been used in manufacturing your rugs?
NO! We are an ethical retailer. We and our suppliers support all initiatives opposed to child labour across the world and many of our rugs carry the Rugmark, GoodWeave, Kaleen or Care & Fair labels although unfortunately labels don't always get onto every rug that is produced under the guidelines of these organisations.
How accurate are the colours?
We are constantly reviewing and improving pictures to ensure they are as accurate as possible but there are too many variables for us to be able to guarantee that all rugs will be exactly the same colour as depicted on your screen. If in doubt contact us and where possible we will try to describe the colours for you.
How to I care for my rug?
Visit the Rug Care section on our website for detailed information on maintaining and cleaning rugs.
How does your price promise work?
We do our best to ensure that we offer the best prices on all of our rugs. Therefore if you purchase a rug from us and find it cheaper on another retailer's website (including postage costs) within 7 days, let us know and we will refund you the difference!
Terms and Conditions
Click Here to see our Terms and Conditions