Rugs are a great way to transform your home in a matter of seconds. They are the most effortless and economic way to add life and colour to your room or to finish off a long thought out décor. Area rugs will give a room a cosy feel, softening any hard wood or tiled floors or adding a splash of design to a drab carpet. Below are a few tips to think about when buying a rug:
- Where will I put the rug?
- What is the current décor of the room?
- What size of a rug will I need? Check out our rug size guide for detailed information.
- How much do I want to spend on a rug(s)? We have a range of rugs for sale at different prices.
- Will this rug match the current floor?
- Do I want more than one rug in the room?
- Is the rug easily cleaned? We have a range of washable rugs if this meets your requirements.
- Will I need anti-creep fleece or non-slip spray to stop the rug moving?
- If you see a rug you really like, try to decorate the room around the rug as this is often easier than trying to match the rug in with wallpaper and the curtains.
- Take curtain or cushion fabric samples with you when picking your rug
- Consider asking a designer to help choose a rug for your room
- The great thing about rugs is that they can be moved so if you buy a rug consider will it suit other rooms in your home if you get tired of it one particular room.
- The most expensive rugs are hand made rugs and those rugs made from natural fibres such as wool and silk.
- The least expensive rugs are machine made rugs made from man fabrics such as nylon, olefin and polypropylene.
Take a moment to check out our rugs for sale and filter through our range to find your perfect rug. We have a collection of sizes, styles and colours for you to choose from ranging from coloured large rugs to small runner rugs.